Pablo Software Solutions Forum Index Pablo Software Solutions

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Exploit!!!!!!!!! Only versioon 3 secure!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pablo Software Solutions Forum Index -> Quick 'n Easy FTP Server
View previous topic :: View next topic  
poreldisco

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 5:14 pm    Post subject: Exploit!!!!!!!!! Only versioon 3 secure! Reply with quote

want to install your program so i search if there was some security problmen and i found this with your 3 version. i'm sorry for this english but i'm latin american so i speak spanish.

che quise intalar tu programa y busque si tenia algun fallo por caulquier cosa y encontre esto fijate. espero que la version 2.4 que voy a instalar no tenga problema (no encontre ninguno) si corregis ese fallo sensacional tu servidor ftp es el mejor muy completo y facil!

http://www.addict3d.org/index.php?page=viewarticle&type=security&ID=4686
admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sorry to disappoint you, but this information is not correct!
Quick 'n Easy FTP Server is protected for buffer overflows and will simply disconnect the connection, if you try to send large accounts of data.
Version 3.0 of QnE FTP Server will certainly not crash from this simple exploit.

FYI:
If you experience problems with buffer overflows please update to the latest version of your firewall (or buy a decent one), because these are known to cause IP stack problems with dOs attacks, but this has nothing to do with QnE FTP Server.
Also make sure you have the latest Microsoft Runtime libraries: this very important!!! See the FAQ for more details.

If you really think you have found a problem, please sent me the stack trace so I will show you where things go wrong.

Click here for a screenshot of QnE FTP Server running on a healthy Windows PC while executing your 'exploit:
http://www.pablosoftwaresolutions.com/dosexploit.jpg
As you can see no problems...
poreldisco

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 11:19 pm    Post subject: OK! Reply with quote

all right i'll try it. i'm sorry for those things thx a lot. i'll use your program
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pablo Software Solutions Forum Index -> Quick 'n Easy FTP Server All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: