Pablo Software Solutions Forum Index Pablo Software Solutions

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

user not able to connect

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pablo Software Solutions Forum Index -> Quick 'n Easy FTP Server
View previous topic :: View next topic  
civicexcoupeman

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 5:53 am    Post subject: user not able to connect Reply with quote

This is a user who i just made an account to access the server. He is trying to connect from his home connection yet always fails

seems like the connection request to access the server never leaves his computer becuase the server log never see's his IP trying to login.

We've tried making sure username and password and host name and all the basics are correct. He even turned off his xp firewall and attempted to connect with no avail.

could his ISP be blocking ports to access ftp servers? Thats the only thing i can think of. Or another program that uses the ports needed to access the server. But I also doubt that's the case too.

he says it keeps saying on his end "server can not be established"
admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 6:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can the user connect to any other ftp servers?
ISPs almost never block FTP access, so I think there is still some application blocking the outgoing connection on that computer.
civicexcoupeman

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This case is only for this single user trying to connect. Other users lately have had absolutly no problems or errors what so ever..

He hasn't tried to connect to any other server but mine. But the client he is using CuteFTP i think the people who make that client have a default ftp server that is placed in all their programs site manager...So Ill see if he can connect to their ftp site

I also just sent him an email to attempt changing connection type within his client. From using global setting to using port mode/active mode

we will see if that helps at all
civicexcoupeman

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

user said a new error popped up
this is what he provided me

STATUS:> [9/17/2008 3:20:32 PM] Connecting to FTP server... 98.219.161.47:21 (ip = 98.219.161.47)...
ERROR:> [9/17/2008 3:20:32 PM] Can't connect to remote server. Socket error = #10022.
civicexcoupeman

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

User is not able to connect to any server...

Nothing pops into my error log becuase the connection request probually never leaves his computer

He tried turning off his firewall.adding the client to his firewalls exceptions, and putting PORT setting in the client
civicexcoupeman

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He tried another computer within the same house and no problems. He just prefers the other one that had the error. So for some reason why would that computer be making that error?
admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 6:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still suspect that a firewall or virusscanner is blocking the connection.
civicexcoupeman

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ill tell him to see if he has any 3rd party virus/firewall program that he may not know about..turn of xp firewall and if he has any other virus software turn that off then attempt to connect to the server

Or he needs to use some client that you can see packet traffic..But don't know how I'd explain all that to someone illiterate lol
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pablo Software Solutions Forum Index -> Quick 'n Easy FTP Server All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: