Pablo Software Solutions Forum Index Pablo Software Solutions

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CDOSYS and various

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pablo Software Solutions Forum Index -> Quick 'n Easy Web Server
View previous topic :: View next topic  
darannster

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 12:14 pm    Post subject: CDOSYS and various Reply with quote

Hello Pablo,
first of all I want to specify that I'm not an expert in servers ,lan ect,... but after tryed your software Quickweb server , I have bought it and now i need details on the programm.

- Is possible to activate the cdosys.dll for give the possibility of Mailform by web site ?
- Why don't start on port 80 ? ( on 21 ok, 443 ok ... 80 no )
- When I create various directory for different websites, what I have to do for to separate the address for each site on the browser?

I'm sorry for my stupid answers and for....my terrible English!
Dario Shocked
admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1) cdosys.dll is part of IIS and only works in combination with IIS
2) You probably have another server running on port 80.
You can use netstat (standard Windows utility) to find out which other application uses port 80
3) You can use virtual directories to use multiple domains. See the help for more details.
darannster

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 1:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Pablo,
thank you for your answers but ... :
1) Cdosys will never work with your programm, then how I can utilize for sending form,mails ect,.. in ASP ambient by the site ? Don't exist an other system?
2) The port 80 now work, because the software was busy by your other soft, the webservice.exe.... i'm sorry but for thing I have to use webservice.exe included in the packet that I have bought ?
3)...." See the help for more details." ..... Where are this area ?Do you mean the ..."Quick 'n Easy Web Server FAQ" or other help area ?

If you want to to say the help area on the programm ( F1 ) i don't now why no work...( no open, nothing ) and the " frequently asked questions" too..
Please help me,
Thank yo very much
Dario
admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1) There are many free components avaibale on the internet to implement mail in asp application. Search for 'asp pop3' or 'asp mail' on Google for a solution that suits your needs.
2) It's up to you which version of the software works best for you.
I recommend using the GUI version to begin with.
3) The help file is included in the software: quickweb.chm
If it doesn't open then your Windows configuration might be corrupt, .chm is a standard Windows help file.

Here's the Virtual directories section from the help:
Quote:
This options allows you to configure 'links' to other directories than the root. You can also password protect these virtual directories, so only authorized users can access them.

Use Add to add a new virtual directory.

Physical Directory
The physical directory is the 'real' path name of a folder.

Alias
Specify an alias for a physical folder.

Example
Alias: pamela
Path: c:\webpages\pamela

So when you enter http://www.yourdomain.com/pamela it will point to c:\webpages\pamela

To password protect a directory from the list, you can select 'Enable password protection for this virtual folder'
Next you can add users that are allowed to view the contents of this directory.

Click Add User Account and enter a username and password. Make sure the checkbox in front of the username is checked to authorize this user for the select directory.

Another cool feature of virtual directories is the possibilty to have multiple domains on a single IP address!

If you enter the hostname as an alias, the server will redirect all request for this host to the specified directory.

Example:
Alias: www.domainx.com
Path: c:\webpages\domainx

or if you want to test this locally you can also try this:
Alias: 127.0.0.1
Path: c:\webpages\example1

Alias: 192.168.0.1
Path: c:\webpages\example2

In the last 2 examples the server will display different content depending on the IP address entered in the browser.
so
http://127.0.0.1 will display the content of c:\webpages\example1
http://192.168.0.1 will display the content of c:\webpages\example2
darannster

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok Pablo...
thank you a lot !

Dario
max7

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2008 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

admin wrote:
1) cdosys.dll is part of IIS and only works in combination with IIS

Hi - I am currently in need of sending web form data to email and I thought of using CDOSYS for this. Searching on this forum I found this earlier post and I wanted to confirm that this was true. Searching the internet I found the following at MS Support:

Because CDOSYS can send e-mail to a remote SMTP server, CDOSYS does not require that you have Internet Information Server installed and running on the computer that is running SQL Server. You also do not have to configure the SMTP virtual server. All you have to do is to create a stored procedure in SQL Server that you can use to send e-mail.

When you use CDOSYS instead of SQL Mail, you do not have to have a mail client like Microsoft Outlook installed on the computer that is running SQL Server. You also do not have to have an Exchange server. You can use any mail server that supports SMTP mail as your remote SMTP mail server. However, you cannot read or process e-mail that is sent to SQL Server if you use CDOSYS. You also cannot replace the functionality of SQL Agent Mail.

You can check out the entire article here: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/312839

Although this article was dealing with SQL Mail in SQL server, if I under correctly what this portion of the article is saying shouldn't I be able to use CDOSYS in conjunction with QnE Mail server (since it supports SMTP) to be able to email data collected via a web form using ASP? Idea Confused
admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, CDOSYS can be used in combination with QnE Mail Server.
CDOSYS does not seems to work correctly with Quick 'n Easy Web Server.
When called from an ASP page, CDOSYS seem to check if ISS is running.
max7

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Yes, CDOSYS can be used in combination with QnE Mail Server.
CDOSYS does not seems to work correctly with Quick 'n Easy Web Server.
When called from an ASP page, CDOSYS seem to check if ISS is running.

In other words, if I create a web form using classic ASP and want to have the data from it sent via email using CDOSYS in conjunction with QnE Mail Server, I have to use IIS as my web server to render the ASP script otherwise if I use QnE Web Server it would fail? Crying or Very sad
admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 6:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CDOSYS does not seem to be compatible with QnE Web Server. It is part of IIS and only Microsoft products can use it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pablo Software Solutions Forum Index -> Quick 'n Easy Web Server All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: