Pablo Software Solutions Forum Index Pablo Software Solutions

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Runtime errors 892

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pablo Software Solutions Forum Index -> Quick 'n Easy Web Server
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DavidB230

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 5:25 pm    Post subject: Runtime errors 892 Reply with quote

I've installed the trial version and I'm running in to a couple problems. The first and most important one:

Each time the webserver processes an asp page I get 2 to 4 unhandled exception errors. At least one is usually a script break point error. All errors occur at point 892. Visual Studio is catching and reporting the error so it's possible many users don't ever see it but it's a real PIA for me since I have to click through each error every time I process a page.
admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sorry I'm not familiar with this error, but could it be a problem in the script?

Also note that the trial version is limited to the number of connections, so this may as well be part of the problem. Without knowing what the script does and where it stops, there is not much more I can say about this.

There are no known problems with the server, so it must be something specific to the script or the computer it is running on.
DavidB230

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 1:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doubtful it's anything in the webpage, it's virtually any and every page I run. Even something as simple as this.

<!-- begin test.html -->
<html>
<body>
Test
</body>
</html>
<!-- end test.html -->

Also, exception reports from Virtual Studio come from errors in DLL's. I've never see it produce one from a webpage error.
admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you try it on another computer?
Perhaps there is a conflict with another tool on the compter (like a virusscanner which intercepts the Windows scripting engine?)

Please note that the web server uses the Windows Scripting Engine to execute ASP pages.
DavidB230

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think I want to install it on another computer it posses to many security risks, and it would only serve to tell me what we already know, that it's something more specific to this computer and this is the computer I need it on.

That said yes I can see how a conflict might cause this error, I will review what I have on this computer and see if I can't find something in that vane.

Thank You
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pablo Software Solutions Forum Index -> Quick 'n Easy Web Server All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: