Pablo Software Solutions Forum Index Pablo Software Solutions

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

server 2003

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pablo Software Solutions Forum Index -> Quick 'n Easy FTP Server
View previous topic :: View next topic  
civicexcoupeman

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 3:11 pm    Post subject: server 2003 Reply with quote

I wanted to install Raid 1 (mirroring) on my drives in my server. The OS i had before was XP pro with that OS you can not do raid 1 or raid 5...so nothing fault tolerant. SO i installed Server 2003. I copied all the xml and all the txt and other files associated with quick n easy ftp server to a flash drive so that i could have the same user accounts on the new OS.

I setup the same TCP/Ip settings as i had on XP on this box and made sure all the settings within the server were the same. Which apparently are the same...

yet when you attempt to connect to the server you get this

STATUS:> [10/4/2008 10:08:38 AM] Connecting to FTP server... 98.219.161.47:21 (ip = 98.219.161.47)...
ERROR:> [10/4/2008 10:08:59 AM] The connection failed due to an error or timeout.
1) Verify that the destination IP address is correct.
2) Increase the connection timeout threshold under Global Settings | Connection.
3) Switch to the opposite data connection type (PASV or PORT) under Site Settings | Type tab.
4) Verify that the problem is not local by trying to connect to an alternate server.
5) If a server name was used, verify it resolves to the correct address.
6) If using a local server table for server name resolution, check to see that it doesn't resolve to an obsolete address.
7) Try pinging the address.
Cool If you are using a router, verify the router is up and running (check by pinging it and then ping an address outside of the router).
9) Do a traceroute to the destination to verify all routers along the connection path are operational.
10) Verify that your subnet mask is setup properly.
11) Verify that your local software or hardware firewall is not blocking outbound connections originating from CuteFTP.
12) Verify that your anti-virus software is not at fault (try disabling it).
STATUS:> [10/4/2008 10:08:59 AM] Time zone synchronization
COMMAND:> [10/4/2008 10:08:59 AM] CWD /
ERROR:> [10/4/2008 10:08:59 AM] Can't write to control socket. Socket error = #2000.
NOTE:> [10/4/2008 10:08:59 AM] Time zone synchronization failed.

now im wondering is it a setting I may not know within server 2003, some setting i know about but overlooking, Or the server incompatible with 2003
civicexcoupeman

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes I do know of IIS and thats the common way on server 2003 to setup a server..Yet I paid for quick and easy and liked it a lot..so i want to continue its use

OR hmm since i already implemented Raid1 maybe if i don't like the server 2003 os i can go back to xp? XP probably wont see the raid probably the single disks im guessing?

since I made them dynamic disks then chose mirror...maybe xp (even in disk management) wont see the second disk stuff is being mirrored to just the single one

I mean I know in xp you can not use mirror. But i already implemented it..
civicexcoupeman

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

never mind got it working..stupid error...I gave a static IP to the wrong network connection...my motherboard has several soo..
civicexcoupeman

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

if i go onto remote desktop it says that and in log it says port 21 is already used. I want to be able to monitor the server remotely. I was able to do this in xp...never had the error and was able to see the server and who was logged in when i accessed the server from a vista machine remotely

Now accessing it from the same vista machine that error pops up

just want to monitor it remotely...and cant it shuts down the server on the remote desktop..but you can still connect to the server from a ftp client..and then you turn off the remote desktop connection and the server is up...so when you go to remote desktop it acts like a new comp...its not really showing you whats on the server

I know its not a server problem its a problem with the OS or some setting I just don't know what it is.

ALSO WHEN MONITORING THE SERVER FROM THE SERVER AND LOOKING OVER TRANSFER SPEED IT SHOWS 0 KB/SEC WHEN I USED THIS PROGRAM IN XP I THINK IT SHOWED SPEED WHEN A USER WAS DOWNLOADING. WITHIN 2003 SERVER IT SHOWS 0 KB/SEC FOR BOTH

any server updates coming out anytime soon? And if so when they do come out how can I get my hands on it...I have the full version right now...was that a one time fee and any updates are free or would i need to purchase the updates?
civicexcoupeman

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 6:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

remote desktop fixed

needed to put
mstsc /admin /v:server

instead of just mstsc which i used when i had xp

anyways answer why i don't see transfer speed for both uploads and downloads when users are logged in but was able to see that with xp?

and answer the questions about any future server updates.
admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are no known issues with Quick 'n Easy FTP Server and Windows 2003. Please make sure all settings are the same as on your other system. Note that you can export (and then import) the registry settings so that all settings are exactly the same.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Pablo Software Solutions\FTPServer

There are no updates planned for the server at this time. We do not receive many requests for new features and the current version has proven to be very stable.
civicexcoupeman

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for the reply and yes it did seem that some registry settings were disabled..within the FTPserver folder..works fine now..

This software I enjoy very much. Very easy to use and to manage...I prefer it over doing a IIS FTP server as you see.

I know you said that this version seems stable but in the future if their is another release will I be notified via email? Or would I just need to pay for another full version when a new release comes out?
admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You will not have to pay for updates.
Only in case we will release a complete new version (upgrade) you may need to pay a small fee. But bugs fixes and other improvements are free.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pablo Software Solutions Forum Index -> Quick 'n Easy FTP Server All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: