Pablo Software Solutions Forum Index Pablo Software Solutions

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Last Modified Time Stamp is incorrect

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pablo Software Solutions Forum Index -> FTP Wanderer
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dettore

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 7:54 pm    Post subject: Last Modified Time Stamp is incorrect Reply with quote

I use Q&E FTP server so it is funny that FTP Wanderer does not display the last modified time stamp correctly.

Using Mozilla FTP client, all timestamps are accurate as retrieved from Q&E. But sing FTP Wanderer client, all files have a 7 hour earlier shift in Date Modified....

I think it has to do with GMT which is offset by 7 hours from CA. So somehow, the FTP Wanderer client is thinking that the date is in GMT and converting it to CA time when in actuality, the date is already in CA time.

I have tried adjusting all settings in Q&E as well as in FTP Wanderer with no success.
admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FTP Wanderer uses the wininet api to implement the FTP protocol. It displays the date/time as reported by this api. The timestamp is not post-processed and it will be displayed as reported by Windows.

Quick 'n Eays FTP Server always reports the date/time as UTC (unless specified otherwise).
dettore

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 12:08 pm    Post subject: Thanks for info but I need advice Reply with quote

I appreciate the background info on both Wanderer and QnE but I need your advice/recommendation to fix the problem I have.

Since Filezilla displays the time of file modification fine, I belive that QnE is OK. The problem is that the Wnaderer client displays an incorrect time and users are mislead, thinking they have an old file.

Are you suggesting I change something in Windows (XP) to correct the problem?

Please advise as well as educate.
admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sorry FTP Wanderer uses the Windows wininet api (juts like IE) to display the date modified, I can not change this behavior.
However QnE FTP Server uses the correct date/time.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pablo Software Solutions Forum Index -> FTP Wanderer All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: