Pablo Software Solutions Forum Index Pablo Software Solutions

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Is there a Cap? (Has Full V. PLEASE HELP!)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pablo Software Solutions Forum Index -> Quick 'n Easy FTP Server
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FTPServ007

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 7:20 am    Post subject: Is there a Cap? (Has Full V. PLEASE HELP!) Reply with quote

Hello,

Perhaps someone can shed some light on my situation. I am running on a 15/15 FIOS line. Meaning I can upload at around 1850 KB per second. My brother at his dorm can download at well over 5 MB per second (5000 KB) however when he attempts to download from my server his max speed is around 350 KB per second. His campus is only 30 minutes away from my house as well.

So i was wondering is there a cap set within the program? For the account he dried I didn't throttle his download speed and at the time he wasn't downloading anything. Can anyone help me figure this out?

Thanks!
admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The speed of a download can be effected by many things.
Quick 'n Easy FTP Server will host the file as quick as it can (unless you have set a transfer limit). However since the server is probably not the only application on your computer so it must share its resources.

Also note that in the FTP protocol it's always the FTP client that is the 'master'. The FTP server (the 'slave') does not do anything untill the client requests data.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pablo Software Solutions Forum Index -> Quick 'n Easy FTP Server All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: