Pablo Software Solutions Forum Index Pablo Software Solutions

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FTP Wanderer +Vista

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pablo Software Solutions Forum Index -> FTP Wanderer
View previous topic :: View next topic  
civicexcoupeman

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 5:34 pm    Post subject: FTP Wanderer +Vista Reply with quote

I have the latest version of FTP Wanderer 2.8.1...It seems to work perfect on XP. Yet on VISTA when you double click the icon and the first window the SITE MANAGER pops up.. and you try to enter a username or password and press connect

it has an error
It says FTP Wanderer MFC Application has stopped working
and the problem details are
Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: FTPWanderer.exe
Application Version: 2.8.1.0
Application Timestamp: 44a40fe7
Fault Module Name: FTPWanderer.exe
Fault Module Version: 2.8.1.0
Fault Module Timestamp: 44a40fe7
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 0000fc3f
OS Version: 6.0.6000.2.0.0.256.1
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: 025e
Additional Information 2: 872572fcfa7db5b4020341d05fa4a439
Additional Information 3: 47b2
Additional Information 4: d24b51ed1e0536a0ce3706cefaf4debc

Yet i have found out if within vista u double click the icon and the site manager window pops up you press close "X"

then the actual client starts up and u see on the top left connect or disconnect if u press connect now and bring up the connection manager and connect to a server NOW it works and connects to a server....

Im wondering if theirs something im doing wrong or theirs still bugs with applications working with Vista.

On side note if you put in a folder FTP Wanderer and the SITES xml File and put that folder on a flash drive basically after that the client is portable to any computer right?

I use several FTPClients and FTPwanderer happens to be one of them. If all you need to do is put those 2 things within a folder and put it onto a flash drive. Then this program will be a better use for me lol to recommend to people who ruitinely access my server from multiple locations.
admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Although FTP Manager works ok on my Vista PC, I've heard about this behvaior before. Unfortunately I have not been able to reproduce this.

Yes, you can run FTP Wanderer from flash drive.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pablo Software Solutions Forum Index -> FTP Wanderer All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: