Pablo Software Solutions Forum Index Pablo Software Solutions

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Planned support for Vista and SFTP?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pablo Software Solutions Forum Index -> FTP Wanderer
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LongView

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 11:44 am    Post subject: Planned support for Vista and SFTP? Reply with quote

Hello. Am new to the product and am very impressed, love the fact there is no installation required and that all details are stored in an XML file which can easily be backed up and restored.

I was about to make a donation but then I moved 100% to Vista (RC1) and the product fails to run. This is to be expected under a yet-to-be-released OS of course so I'm not here to complain. I'm just interested in your plans for supporting Vista after its public release?

Secondly, any plans to integrate support for Secure-FTP? Lastly, still on the subject of security, any plans to encrypt the FTP password in the XML file (perhaps an MD5 hash or something)?

Apart from Vista support there is nothing to stop me making a contribution as this is a great product that I'll be using quite often. Very Happy
admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The reason why it's not working on Vista is not directly related to FTP Wanderer. The libraries used by FTP Wanderer simply are available on Vista yet. I'm sure they will be there in the final Vista build.

We have a FTP Wanderer Pro version which supports SFTP (and lots of other advanced features), but there's no release date yet.
LongView

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the response and information regarding Vista support. I'll wait to see what happens with the Pro version before deciding what to do.
LongView

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just thought I'd check in to see if there was any update on the release of the Pro version or any known work-arounds for Vista support?
admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've tried Vista RC2 and FTP Wanderer works without any problems.
There's no release date for the Pro version yet.
LongView

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the update, I'll give it a go and report back if I have any further issues. Thanks again.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pablo Software Solutions Forum Index -> FTP Wanderer All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: