Pablo Software Solutions Forum Index Pablo Software Solutions

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Uploading Problems

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pablo Software Solutions Forum Index -> FTP Wanderer
View previous topic :: View next topic  
googlymoogly

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 11:33 pm    Post subject: Uploading Problems Reply with quote

It seems I have to upload a file twice for it to be sent successfully. When I upload it once, the file turns out to be incomplete.

I tried Commander and it does not have this problem. But I just like the interface of ftp wanderer more.

This happens from three different computers, and when connecting to two different servers.

Any suggestions?

Thanks for the great (and small sized) software!
admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 6:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not aware of any problems related to this anmd never had any report of this before. FTP Wanderer uses the Internet Explorer FTP engine (WININET) to transfer files, so maybe there's something wrong with you IE setup?
Is it a large file?
Do you get any error messages?
What kind of FTP server do you connect to?
Do you have all the latest Microsoft updates?
(http://www.pablosoftwaresolutions.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=22)
googlymoogly

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The files are small (css, php, asp) 1kb-150kb in size. There are no error messages. I am connecting to http://www.bluehost.com (my personal sites) and verio servers (my client's web server).

My work computer is maintained by my work's IT dept. I update my personal computer and my laptop. All the latest updates...

Still, it must be a local (user?) problem, since no one has ever reported this. It's just odd that I'm experiencing this on three different computers. Like I said though, Commander works great.

I also use dreamweaver and an old copy of cuteftp. No problems there. Only FTP Wanderer is showing this problem. Oh well, I'll live with it.

Thanks for the help.
admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sorry I can't help you. I use FTP Wanderer all the time (that's why I created it) and never have any problems with the server I have access to.

Difference between Pablo Commander and FTP Wanderer.
The FTP engine of Pablo Commander is implemented by me, while the one that is used in FTP Wanderer is written by Microsoft, most of the other code is exactly the same.

Please that it's very important to have the latest Microsoft Runtime libraries, some older setup tools overwrite these files with old versions, which can cause problems.

It would be very helpfull if you give me step by step instructions how I can reproduce this behaviour so I can look into it, maybe then I can get an idea what's wrong.

One other thing:
Disable resume for html/php and asp files!
Tools->Options->Advanced->Disable resume feature
Resume is good for large files, , but not for smaller files which do change often.
Hansie

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got the same problem.
The 1st time the upload seems to be uploaded very quick, but the file is incomplete. So I have to re-upload the file again.
admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tools->Options->Advanced->Disable resume feature
Hansie

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks. forgot to read "One other thing" Embarassed
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pablo Software Solutions Forum Index -> FTP Wanderer All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: