Pablo Software Solutions Forum Index Pablo Software Solutions

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Installing FTP Wanderer2 on a XP Pro network Desktop

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pablo Software Solutions Forum Index -> FTP Wanderer
View previous topic :: View next topic  
herb

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 10:59 pm    Post subject: Installing FTP Wanderer2 on a XP Pro network Desktop Reply with quote

I am trying to install FTPWanderer2 on an XP Pro machine in my office. It works GREAT when I am logged on as a network administrator on our Server 2003 network. However, I also must allow staff members who log on as ‘Staff' (network users) to be able to FTP files to their folders on my server, Quick and Easy FTP. Sometimes it wants the staff to setup the software again using the wizard, or it does not connect. I am also trying to set it up so a short cut appears on the staff desktop and uploads files to the desktop.

My question is what is the correct way to install FTPWanderer2 on a XP Pro machine for users who are Administrators and those that are just network users who do not have administrator permissions. When the software works, IT IS GREAT !!!! I think I am just making some simple error. Any help would be appreciated.

DCH
admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Make sure the file sites.xml (which contains the site manager configuration) exists in the folder where you've 'installed' FTP Wanderer.
This will prevent the initial wizard to be displayed.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pablo Software Solutions Forum Index -> FTP Wanderer All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: