I need help

Issues related to Quick 'n Easy Mail Server.
danielfassis

I need help

Post by danielfassis » Sat May 10, 2008 11:45 am

Please, I am havign problens to send emails to my clients, because my webhosting just allwd to send 200 emails per hour.

So the idea to use my computer send all this emails is great, and I realy need it.

But I don´t why evey anwser you give me seems to be allways short, and simple, but I still want to buy the program and try to use.

Will be possible to give general configurations, not just about your program, but the whole steps i need to do to use this program.

1) What I have to write on my domains server to undestand where the emails will be send?

2) server Id mens my computer IP or DNS ns1.mydoamins.com

3) If I want to use public DNS server how do I?
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Sat May 10, 2008 6:24 pm

I'm sorry I do not think you understand what a mail server is and I'm not sure if I can explain it to you.
It's very important that you understand how a mail server works before you start using it.
I strongly recommend reading all the articles in the links I gave you, to get an overview how it works.
Unlike a Web Server or FTP server, a Mail server is a complex application and I did my best to make it as easy as possible, but unfortunately it doesn't get any easier than this.
danielfassis

Ok

Post by danielfassis » Sat May 10, 2008 7:15 pm

Ok just tell me this please:

A) I have to give my ip adress to my domain company to config as the location were the emails should go?

b) Server ID is my ip or DNS of my ip ns1.mydomain.com?
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Sat May 10, 2008 8:54 pm

a) Yes, the provider of your doamina name should update their DNS records to forward all mail connection to your IP address.

b) You do not have to edit the server id, just leave it the way it is.

c) The DNS Server in the 'Relay' configuration, should be a valid IP or name of an DNS server. This will be used to request MX records for email outside your own domain.
danielfassis

sorry again

Post by danielfassis » Sat May 10, 2008 9:41 pm

a) Yes, the provider of your doamina name should update their DNS records to forward all mail connection to your IP address.

great

I have, this is one field the program ask me! on configuration server, general

Should write my ip or DNS of my IP

c) The DNS Server in the 'Relay' configuration, should be a valid IP or name of an DNS server. This will be used to request MX records for email outside your own domain.

so can be both?
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Sun May 11, 2008 8:09 am

You do not need to weneter a DNS or IP in this field.

c) Yes, you can either use and IP address or name.