Setting up QnE Mail server with php

Issues related to Quick 'n Easy Mail Server.
badtimbo

Setting up QnE Mail server with php

Post by badtimbo » Thu Jul 19, 2007 2:55 am

On my site http://www.dogrealm.net i have a page thats a sign up form for new members the script when run is supposed to send a email to the new member with info on how to activate there account. Bear with me im new to servers and especially email server setup i was wondering how to make my script run properly and if your web server will do this for me. I ran the wizard and setup the mail server on my server. I'm not gonna use it to recieve mail as of now i have my email that comes to the server go to a different place i have that set up at the site who i got my domain name with. How do i set this up or do i have to do anything to the code. It was working fine on my online host or will i have to consult php.net.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Thu Jul 19, 2007 5:47 pm

To setup your server so it will send mail via PHP, I think it's best if you consult the documentation of PHP. Basically it means configuring the php.ini file and set it to the right smtp server.
badtimbo

Post by badtimbo » Thu Jul 19, 2007 6:38 pm

Yes I been reading up on the php.ini file and thats were the problem was im currently working on this and thanks for the help. :)